Subject: [PATCH net-next V2 00/23] ptp: get ready for 2038

From: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 22:39:18 +0100

This series converts the core driver methods of the PTP Hardware Clock
(PHC) subsystem to use the 64 bit version of the timespec structure,
making the core API ready for the year 2038.

In addition, I reviewed how each driver and device represents the time
value at the hardware register level.  Most of the drivers are ready,
but a few will need some work before the year 2038, as shown:

   Patch   Driver
   ------------------------------------------------
   12      drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_ptp.c
   15 ?    drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/ptp.c
   16      drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ptp.c
   18 ?    drivers/net/ethernet/tile/tilegx.c
   19      drivers/net/phy/dp83640.c

The commit log message documents how each driver is ready or why it is
not ready.  For patches 15 and 18, I could not easily find out the
hardware representation of the time value, so I would ask the
maintainers for a review.

Thanks,
Richard

* ChangeLog
** V2
   - use the new methods in the posix clock code right away (patch #3)

Richard Cochran (23):
  ptp: introduce get/set time methods with explicit 64 bit seconds.
  ptp: use the 64 bit gettime method for the SYS_OFFSET ioctl.
  ptp: use the 64 bit get/set time methods for the posix clock.
  ptp: blackfin: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: xgbe: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: bnx2x: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: tg3: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: fec: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: gianfar: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: e1000e: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: fm10k: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: i40e: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: igb: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: ixgbe: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: mlx4: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: sfc: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: stmmac: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: cpts: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: tilegx: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: dp83640: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: ixp46x: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: pch: convert to the 64 bit get/set time methods.
  ptp: remove 32 bit get/set methods.

 drivers/net/ethernet/adi/bfin_mac.c              |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-ptp.c         |   13 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_main.c |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/tg3.c              |   10 +++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_ptp.c         |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/gianfar_ptp.c     |   13 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/ptp.c          |   16 ++++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/fm10k/fm10k_ptp.c     |   12 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_ptp.c       |   26 +++++++-------
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_ptp.c         |   41 +++++++++++-----------
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_ptp.c     |   14 ++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/en_clock.c    |   11 +++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/ptp.c                   |   22 ++++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ptp.c |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpts.c                   |   12 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/tile/tilegx.c               |   16 +++++----
 drivers/net/phy/dp83640.c                        |   12 ++++---
 drivers/ptp/ptp_chardev.c                        |    8 ++---
 drivers/ptp/ptp_clock.c                          |   12 +++++--
 drivers/ptp/ptp_ixp46x.c                         |    8 ++---
 drivers/ptp/ptp_pch.c                            |    8 ++---
 include/linux/ptp_clock_kernel.h                 |   12 +++----
 22 files changed, 158 insertions(+), 140 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.10.4