Subject: [PATCH net-next v12 0/9] openvswitch: support for layer 3 encapsulated packets

From: Jiri Benc <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 15:02:36 +0200

At the core of this patch set is removing the assumption in Open vSwitch
datapath that all packets have Ethernet header. Support for layer 3 GRE
tunnels is also added by this patchset.

The implementation relies on the presence of pop_eth and push_eth actions
in datapath flows to facilitate adding and removing Ethernet headers as
appropriate. The construction of such flows is left up to user-space.

This series is based on work by Simon Horman, Lorand Jakab, Thomas Morin and
others. I kept Lorand's and Simon's s-o-b in the patches that are derived
from v11 to record their authorship of parts of the code. Please let me know
if you disagree with this.

v12 differs from v11 a lot. The main changes are:

* The patches were restructured and split differently for easier review.
* They were rebased and adjusted to the current net-next. Especially MPLS
  handling is different (and easier) thanks to the recent MPLS GSO rework.
* Several bugs were discovered and fixed. The most notable is fragment
  handling: header adjustment for ARPHRD_NONE devices on tx needs to be done
  after refragmentation, not before it. This required significant changes in
  the patchset. Another one is stricter checking of attributes (match on L2
  vs. L3 packet) at the kernel level.
* Instead of is_layer3 bool, a mac_proto field is used. See patch 2. This is
  a matter of taste and alternate approaches are offered in patch 2
  description.

There is no change to uAPI since v11. The previously posted patchset for
Open vSwitch user space works with this submission unmodified.

Jiri Benc (8):
  openvswitch: use hard_header_len instead of hardcoded ETH_HLEN
  openvswitch: add mac_proto field to the flow key
  openvswitch: pass mac_proto to ovs_vport_send
  openvswitch: support MPLS push and pop for L3 packets
  openvswitch: add processing of L3 packets
  openvswitch: netlink: support L3 packets
  openvswitch: add Ethernet push and pop actions
  openvswitch: allow L3 netdev ports

Simon Horman (1):
  openvswitch: use ipgre tunnel rather than gretap tunnel

 include/net/gre.h                |   4 +-
 include/uapi/linux/openvswitch.h |  15 ++++
 net/ipv4/ip_gre.c                |   9 +-
 net/openvswitch/actions.c        | 111 +++++++++++++++++-------
 net/openvswitch/datapath.c       |  17 +---
 net/openvswitch/flow.c           | 100 ++++++++++++++++------
 net/openvswitch/flow.h           |  22 +++++
 net/openvswitch/flow_netlink.c   | 179 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 net/openvswitch/vport-gre.c      |   2 +-
 net/openvswitch/vport-netdev.c   |   9 +-
 net/openvswitch/vport.c          |  28 ++++--
 net/openvswitch/vport.h          |   2 +-
 12 files changed, 356 insertions(+), 142 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.1

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev