Subject: [PATCH 0/2] remove dwc_eth_qos and rename stmicro/stmmac

From: Joao Pinto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:42:27 +0000

This patch set removes the synopsys/dwc_eth_qos since it was merged recently
to stmmac (dwmac-dwc-qos-eth glue driver).

It also renames stmicro/stmmac to synopsys/ since it is a standard ethernet
software package regarding synopsys ethernet controllers, supporting the
majority of Synopsys Ethernet IPs.

In the future we should make an effort to migrate to this new synopsys/
driver package all the Ethernet Synopsys IP drivers scattered in net/ethernet.

Joao Pinto (2):
  synopsys: remove dwc_eth_qos driver
  stmmac: rename it to synopsys

 .../bindings/net/{stmmac.txt => synopsys.txt}      |    0
 MAINTAINERS                                        |    4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/Kconfig                       |    3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/Makefile                      |    3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/Kconfig               |   21 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/Makefile              |    5 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Kconfig        |  162 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Makefile       |   25 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/Kconfig              |  165 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/Makefile             |   28 +-
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/altr_tse_pcs.c    |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/altr_tse_pcs.h    |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/chain_mode.c      |    0
 .../ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/common.h |    0
 .../ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/descs.h  |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/descs_com.h       |    0
 drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/dwc_eth_qos.c        | 2996 --------------------
 .../stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-dwc-qos-eth.c        |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-generic.c   |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-ipq806x.c   |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-lpc18xx.c   |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-meson.c     |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-meson8b.c   |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-oxnas.c     |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-rk.c        |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-socfpga.c   |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-sti.c       |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-stm32.c     |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-sunxi.c     |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac100.h        |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac1000.h       |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac1000_core.c  |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac1000_dma.c   |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac100_core.c   |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac100_dma.c    |    0
 .../ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4.h |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_core.c     |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_descs.c    |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_descs.h    |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_dma.c      |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_dma.h      |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_lib.c      |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac_dma.h       |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac_lib.c       |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/enh_desc.c        |    0
 .../ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/mmc.h    |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/mmc_core.c        |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/norm_desc.c       |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/ring_mode.c       |    0
 .../ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac.h |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_ethtool.c  |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_hwtstamp.c |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_main.c     |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_mdio.c     |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_pci.c      |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_pcs.h      |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_platform.c |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_platform.h |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_ptp.c      |    0
 .../{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_ptp.h      |    0
 60 files changed, 178 insertions(+), 3234 deletions(-)
 rename Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/{stmmac.txt => synopsys.txt} (100%)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/Kconfig
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Kconfig
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Makefile
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/altr_tse_pcs.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/altr_tse_pcs.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/chain_mode.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/common.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/descs.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/descs_com.h (100%)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/dwc_eth_qos.c
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-dwc-qos-eth.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-generic.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-ipq806x.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-lpc18xx.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-meson.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-meson8b.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-oxnas.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-rk.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-socfpga.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-sti.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-stm32.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac-sunxi.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac100.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac1000.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac1000_core.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac1000_dma.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac100_core.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac100_dma.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_core.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_descs.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_descs.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_dma.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_dma.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac4_lib.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac_dma.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/dwmac_lib.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/enh_desc.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/mmc.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/mmc_core.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/norm_desc.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/ring_mode.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_ethtool.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_hwtstamp.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_main.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_mdio.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_pci.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_pcs.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_platform.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_platform.h (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_ptp.c (100%)
 rename drivers/net/ethernet/{stmicro/stmmac => synopsys}/stmmac_ptp.h (100%)

-- 
2.9.3