Subject: [PATCH net v2 0/9] Fixes, cleanup and modernization for some legacy ethernet NIC drivers

From: Finn Thain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 21:11:05 -0400 (EDT)

This patch series fixes some logging bugs and adds some missing message
severity levels.

There are also cleanup patches for dead code and some Kconfig cruft.

Custom debug message logging is converted to netif_* calls to reduce
code duplication.

All up, about 150 lines of code are eliminated.

This patch series has been tested on various Macs to provide coverage
of the changes to lib8390.c, mac8390.c, macsonic.c, sonic.[ch] and
macmace.c. All other changes were only compile-tested but these are
fairly trivial or are confined to log messages or both.

Changes since v1:
- Keep the once_is_enough test in mac89x0.c.
- Add tested-by tags.
- Move netdev_info() call to correct branch in macmace.c.

Finn Thain (9):
  net/smc9194: Remove bogus CONFIG_MAC reference
  net/mac89x0: Remove dead or unreachable code
  net/mac89x0: Fix and modernize log messages
  net/mac89x0: Replace custom debug logging with netif_* calls
  net/macmace: Fix and cleanup log messages
  net/sonic: Cleanup and modernize log messages
  net/sonic: Replace custom debug logging with netif_* calls
  net/8390: Fix redundant code
  net/mac8390: Fix log messages

 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/ax88796.c      |   3 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/axnet_cs.c     |   2 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/etherh.c       |  17 -----
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/hydra.c        |   4 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/lib8390.c      |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/mac8390.c      |  42 ++++++-------
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/mcf8390.c      |   4 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/pcnet_cs.c     |   4 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/zorro8390.c    |   5 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/apple/macmace.c     |  16 +++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/cirrus/mac89x0.c    | 104 +++++++++----------------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/jazzsonic.c |  26 ++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/macsonic.c  |  45 ++++---------
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/sonic.c     |  92 +++++++++++++--------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/sonic.h     |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/xtsonic.c   |  28 +++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/smsc/Kconfig        |   2 +-
 17 files changed, 127 insertions(+), 271 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.5