Subject: [PATCHv2 net-next 0/3] bonding: void calling rtmsg_ifinfo for netlink notifications

From: Xin Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 18:44:49 +0800

It's better to send notifications to userspace by the events
in rtnetlink_event, instead of calling rtmsg_ifinfo directly.

This patcheset is to remove rtmsg_ifinfo called in bonding,
the notifications can be handled by NETDEV_CHANGEUPPER and
NETDEV_CHANGELOWERSTATE events in rtnetlink_event.

It could also fix some redundant notifications from bonding.

v1->v2:
  - post to net-next.git instead of net.git, for it's more like an
    improvement for bonding

Xin Long (3):
  bonding: remove rtmsg_ifinfo called in bond_master_upper_dev_link
  rtnetlink: bring NETDEV_CHANGELOWERSTATE event process back to
    rtnetlink_event
  bonding: remove rtmsg_ifinfo called after bond_lower_state_changed

 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c | 11 +++--------
 include/net/bonding.h           |  4 ----
 net/core/rtnetlink.c            |  2 +-
 3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.1.0