Subject: [PATCHv3 net-next 0/4] net: remove rtmsg_ifinfo used in bridge and bonding

From: Xin Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 13:54:16 +0800

It's better to send notifications to userspace by the events in
rtnetlink_event, instead of calling rtmsg_ifinfo directly.

This patcheset is to remove rtmsg_ifinfo called in bonding and
bridge, the notifications can be handled by NETDEV_CHANGEUPPER
and NETDEV_CHANGELOWERSTATE events in rtnetlink_event.

It could also fix some redundant notifications from bonding and
bridge.

v1->v2:
  - post to net-next.git instead of net.git, for it's more like an
    improvement for bonding
v2->v3:
  - add patch 1/4 to remove rtmsg_ifinfo called in add_del_if

Xin Long (4):
  bridge: remove rtmsg_ifinfo called in add_del_if
  bonding: remove rtmsg_ifinfo called in bond_master_upper_dev_link
  rtnetlink: bring NETDEV_CHANGELOWERSTATE event process back to
    rtnetlink_event
  bonding: remove rtmsg_ifinfo called after bond_lower_state_changed

 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c | 11 +++--------
 include/net/bonding.h           |  4 ----
 net/bridge/br_ioctl.c           |  3 ---
 net/core/rtnetlink.c            |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
2.1.0