Subject: [PATCH net v3 00/12] Fixes, cleanup and modernization for some legacy ethernet NIC drivers

From: Finn Thain <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 01:20:58 -0500 (EST)

This patch series adds support for the Linux Driver Model for Mac NIC
drivers, fixes some logging bugs, removes dead code, and adopts netif_*
calls to reduce code duplication.

All up, about 100 lines of code are eliminated.

This patch series has been tested on a variety of Macs, with coverage
for the changes to lib8390.c, mac8390.c, macsonic.c, sonic.[ch] and
macmace.c.

This patch series should be applied after the NuBus subsystem
modernization patch series.

Changes since v1:
- Keep the once_is_enough test in mac89x0.c.
- Add tested-by tags.
- Move netdev_info() call to correct branch in macmace.c.

Changes since v2:
- Modernize NuBus drivers by adopting the Linux Driver Model.
- Use dev_foo() in NuBus drivers.
- Don't log any probe messages after register_netdev().

Finn Thain (12):
  net/macsonic: Convert to nubus_driver
  net/mac89x0: Convert to platform_driver
  net/mac8390: Convert to nubus_driver
  net/sonic: Clean up and modernize log messages
  net/sonic: Replace custom debug logging with netif_* calls
  net/mac89x0: Remove dead or unreachable code
  net/mac89x0: Fix and modernize log messages
  net/mac89x0: Replace custom debug logging with netif_* calls
  net/8390: Fix redundant code
  net/mac8390: Fix log messages
  net/macmace: Fix and clean up log messages
  net/smc9194: Remove bogus CONFIG_MAC reference

 arch/m68k/mac/config.c                   |   4 +
 drivers/net/Space.c                      |   6 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/ax88796.c      |   3 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/axnet_cs.c     |   2 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/etherh.c       |  17 ---
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/hydra.c        |   4 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/lib8390.c      |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/mac8390.c      | 144 +++++++++----------
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/mcf8390.c      |   4 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/pcnet_cs.c     |   4 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/zorro8390.c    |   5 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/apple/macmace.c     |   9 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/cirrus/mac89x0.c    | 160 +++++++--------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/jazzsonic.c |  32 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/macsonic.c  | 239 ++++++++++++++++++-------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/sonic.c     |  92 ++++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/sonic.h     |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/xtsonic.c   |  30 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/smsc/Kconfig        |   2 +-
 include/net/Space.h                      |   2 -
 20 files changed, 333 insertions(+), 430 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.6