Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/13] sctp: refactor MTU handling

From: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:58:49 -0300

Currently MTU handling is spread over SCTP stack. There are multiple
places doing same/similar calculations and updating them is error prone
as one spot can easily be left out.

This patchset converges it into a more concise and consistent code. In
general, it moves MTU handling from functions with bigger objectives,
such as sctp_assoc_add_peer(), to specific functions.

It's also a preparation for the next patchset, which removes the
duplication between sctp_make_op_error_space and
sctp_make_op_error_fixed and relies on sctp_mtu_payload introduced here.

More details on each patch.

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner (13):
  sctp: remove old and unused SCTP_MIN_PMTU
  sctp: move transport pathmtu calc away of sctp_assoc_add_peer
  sctp: remove an if() that is always true
  sctp: introduce sctp_assoc_set_pmtu
  sctp: introduce sctp_mtu_payload
  sctp: introduce sctp_assoc_update_frag_point
  sctp: remove sctp_assoc_pending_pmtu
  sctp: introduce sctp_dst_mtu
  sctp: remove sctp_transport_pmtu_check
  sctp: re-use sctp_transport_pmtu in sctp_transport_route
  sctp: honor PMTU_DISABLED when handling icmp
  sctp: consider idata chunks when setting SCTP_MAXSEG
  sctp: allow unsetting sockopt MAXSEG

 include/net/sctp/constants.h |  5 ++--
 include/net/sctp/sctp.h      | 52 ++++++++++++++------------------------
 include/net/sctp/structs.h   |  2 ++
 net/sctp/associola.c         | 60 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 net/sctp/chunk.c             | 12 +--------
 net/sctp/output.c            | 28 ++++++++-------------
 net/sctp/socket.c            | 43 ++++++++++++++-----------------
 net/sctp/transport.c         | 37 ++++++++++++++-------------
 8 files changed, 105 insertions(+), 134 deletions(-)