Subject: [PATCH net-next mlxsw 0/3] selftests: forwarding: Updates to sysctl handling

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 12:36:52 +0200

Some selftests need to adjust sysctl settings. In order to be neutral to
the system that the test is run on, it is a good practice to change back
to the original setting after the test ends. That involves some
boilerplate that can be abstracted away.

In patch #1, introduce two functions, sysctl_set() and sysctl_restore().
The former stores the current value of a given setting, and sets a new
value. The latter restores the setting to the previously-stored value.

In patch #2, use these wrappers in a number of tests.

Additionally in patch #3, fix a problem in mirror_gre_nh.sh, which
neglected to set a sysctl that's crucial for the test to work.

Petr Machata (3):
  selftests: forwarding: lib: Add sysctl_set(), sysctl_restore()
  selftests: forwarding: Use sysctl_set(), sysctl_restore()
  selftests: forwarding: mirror_gre_nh: Unset RP filter

 tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/lib.sh      | 28 ++++++++++++++++------
 .../selftests/net/forwarding/mirror_gre_changes.sh |  7 ++----
 .../selftests/net/forwarding/mirror_gre_nh.sh      |  6 +++++
 .../selftests/net/forwarding/router_multipath.sh   | 12 ++++------
 4 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.4.11