Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/10] net: stmmac: Be less dependent on Synopsys ID

From: Jose Abreu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 15:45:23 +0100

David,

This series was based on top of [1]. Please see my reply on [1] and let me
know if I need to rebase against -next without this dependecy.

All,

This targets to uniformize the handling of the different GMAC versions in
stmmac_main.c file.

Currently there are some if/else conditions in the main source file which
calls different callbacks depending on the ID of GMAC.

With the introducion of a generic HW interface handling which automatically
selects the GMAC callbacks to be used, it is now unpleasant to see if
conditions in the main code because this should be completely agnostic of the
GMAC version.

This series removes most of these conditions. There are some if conditions
that remain untouched but the callbacks handling are now uniformized.

Tested in GMAC5, hope I didn't break any previous versions.

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/908618/

Cc: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joao Pinto <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vitor Soares <[email-masked]>
Cc: Giuseppe Cavallaro <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alexandre Torgue <[email-masked]>

Jose Abreu (10):
  net: stmmac: Let descriptor code set skbuff address
  net: stmmac: Let descriptor code clear the descriptor
  net: stmmac: Uniformize the use of dma_{rx/tx}_mode callbacks
  net: stmmac: Remove uneeded checks for GMAC version
  net: stmmac: Move PTP and MMC base address calculation to hwif.c
  net: stmmac: Uniformize the use of dma_init_* callbacks
  net: stmmac: Remove uneeded check for GMAC version in stmmac_xmit
  net: stmmac: Do not initialize the RX Descriptor twice
  net: stmmac: Let descriptor code get skbuff address
  net: stmmac: Remove if condition by taking advantage of hwif return
    code

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sun8i.c  |   57 ++++---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000_dma.c    |   92 ++++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac100_dma.c |   35 +++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_descs.c |   22 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_dma.c   |    3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_dma.h   |    1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/enh_desc.c     |   18 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.c         |   34 ++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h         |   25 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/norm_desc.c    |   18 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |  193 +++++++-------------
 11 files changed, 286 insertions(+), 212 deletions(-)