Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] sched: refactor NOLOCK qdiscs

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 16:24:35 +0200

With the introduction of NOLOCK qdiscs, pfifo_fast performances in the
uncontended scenario degraded measurably, especially after the commit
eb82a9944792 ("net: sched, fix OOO packets with pfifo_fast").

This series restore the pfifo_fast performances in such scenario back the
previous level, mainly reducing the number of atomic operations required to
perform the qdisc_run() call. Even performances in the contended scenario
increase measurably.

Note: This series is on top of:

sched: manipulate __QDISC_STATE_RUNNING in qdisc_run_* helpers

Paolo Abeni (2):
  sched: replace __QDISC_STATE_RUNNING bit with a spin lock
  pfifo_fast: drop unneeded additional lock on dequeue

 include/linux/skb_array.h |  5 +++++
 include/net/sch_generic.h | 10 +++++-----
 net/sched/sch_generic.c   | 15 +++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.3