Subject: [PATCH v4 net-next 0/9] Add support for XGMAC2 in stmmac

From: Jose Abreu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 09:04:28 +0100

This series adds support for 10Gigabit IP in stmmac. The IP is called XGMAC2
and has many similarities with GMAC4. Due to this, its relatively easy to
incorporate this new IP into stmmac driver by adding a new block and
filling the necessary callbacks.

The functionality added by this series is still reduced but its only a
starting point which will later be expanded.

I splitted the patches into funcionality and to ease the review. Only the
patch 8/9 really enables the XGMAC2 block by adding a new compatible string.

Version 4 addresses review comments of Florian Fainelli and Rob Herring.

NOTE: Although the IP supports 10G, for now it was only possible to test it
at 1G speed due to 10G PHY HW shipping problems. Here follows iperf3
results at 1G:

---
# iperf3 -c 192.168.0.10
Connecting to host 192.168.0.10, port 5201
[  4] local 192.168.0.3 port 39178 connected to 192.168.0.10 port 5201
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec   110 MBytes   920 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec   113 MBytes   946 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec   112 MBytes   937 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec   113 MBytes   946 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec   112 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec   113 MBytes   946 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec   112 MBytes   937 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec   113 MBytes   946 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec   112 MBytes   937 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec   113 MBytes   946 Mbits/sec    0    482 KBytes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.09 GBytes   940 Mbits/sec    0             sender
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.09 GBytes   938 Mbits/sec                  receiver
---

Cc: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joao Pinto <[email-masked]>
Cc: Giuseppe Cavallaro <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alexandre Torgue <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Cc: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>

Jose Abreu (9):
  net: stmmac: Add XGMAC 2.10 HWIF entry
  net: stmmac: Add MAC related callbacks for XGMAC2
  net: stmmac: Add DMA related callbacks for XGMAC2
  net: stmmac: Add descriptor related callbacks for XGMAC2
  net: stmmac: Add MDIO related functions for XGMAC2
  net: stmmac: Add PTP support for XGMAC2
  net: stmmac: Integrate XGMAC into main driver flow
  net: stmmac: Add the bindings parsing for XGMAC2
  dt-bindings: net: stmmac: Add the bindings documentation for XGMAC2.

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/stmmac.txt   |   5 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Makefile       |   3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h       |  17 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-generic.c    |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2.h     | 228 ++++++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c    | 371 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_descs.c   | 280 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_dma.c | 411 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.c         |  31 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h         |   3 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |  67 +++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_mdio.c  | 133 ++++++-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c  |   6 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ptp.c   |   6 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ptp.h   |   1 +
 include/linux/stmmac.h                             |   1 +
 16 files changed, 1529 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_descs.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_dma.c

-- 
2.7.4