Subject: [PATCH v2 bpf-next 0/5] bpf: Fix indirect var_off stack access support

From: Andrey Ignatov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 15:15:19 -0700

v1->v2:
- rely on meta = NULL to reject var_off stack access to uninit buffer.

This patch set is a follow-up for discussion [1].

It fixes variable offset stack access handling for raw and unprivileged
mode, rejecting both of them.

Patch 1 handles raw (uninitialized) mode.
Patch 2 adds test for raw mode.
Patch 3 handles unprivileged mode.
Patch 4 adds test for unprivileged mode.
Patch 5 is a minor fix in verbose log.

Unprivileged mode is an interesting case since one (and only?) way to come
up with variable offset is to use pointer arithmetics. Though pointer
arithmetics is already prohibited for unprivileged mode. I'm not sure if
it's enough though and it seems like a good idea to still reject variable
offset for unpriv in check_stack_boundary(). Please see patches 3 and 4 for
more details on this.

[1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=155419526427742&w=2

Andrey Ignatov (5):
  bpf: Reject indirect var_off stack access in raw mode
  selftests/bpf: Test indirect var_off stack access in raw mode
  bpf: Reject indirect var_off stack access in unpriv mode
  selftests/bpf: Test indirect var_off stack access in unpriv mode
  bpf: Add missed newline in verifier verbose log

 kernel/bpf/verifier.c                         | 27 +++++++++-
 .../testing/selftests/bpf/verifier/var_off.c  | 54 +++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 80 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.17.1