Subject: [RFC PATCH net-next 0/2] net: extend INET_DIAG_INFO with information specific to TCP ULP

From: Davide Caratti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 17:39:21 +0200

The current kernel does not provide any diagnostic tool, except
getsockopt(TCP_ULP), to know more about TCP sockets that have an upper
layer protocol (ULP) on top of them. This series extends the set of
information exported by INET_DIAG_INFO, to include data that are specific
to the ULP (and that might be meaningful for debug/testing purposes).

patch 1/2 extends INET_DIAG_INFO and allows knowing the ULP name for
each TCP socket that has done setsockopt(TCP_ULP) successfully.

kernel TLS is the only TCP ULP user at the moment: patch 2/2 extends kTLS
to let programs like 'ss' know the protocol version and the cipher in use.

Davide Caratti (2):
  tcp: ulp: add functions to dump ulp-specific information
  net: tls: export protocol version and cipher to socket diag

 include/net/tcp.h              |  3 +++
 include/uapi/linux/inet_diag.h |  9 +++++++
 include/uapi/linux/tls.h       |  8 +++++++
 net/ipv4/tcp_diag.c            | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 net/tls/tls_main.c             | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 95 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1