Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/3] net/mlx5: use indirect call wrappers

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 23:56:47 +0200

The mlx5_core driver uses several indirect calls in fast-path, some of them
are invoked on each ingress packet, even for the XDP-only traffic.

This series leverage the indirect call wrappers infrastructure the avoid
the expansive RETPOLINE overhead for 2 indirect calls in fast-path.

Each call is addressed on a different patch, plus we need to introduce a couple
of additional helpers to cope with the higher number of possible direct-call
alternatives.

v1 - v2:
 - update the direct call list and use a macro to define it,
   as per Saeed suggestion. An intermediated additional
   macro is needed to allow arg list expansion
 - patch 2/3 is unchanged, as the generated code looks better this way than
   with possible alternative (dropping BP hits)

Paolo Abeni (3):
  net/mlx5e: use indirect calls wrapper for skb allocation
  indirect call wrappers: add helpers for 3 and 4 ways switch
  net/mlx5e: use indirect calls wrapper for the rx packet handler

 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h  |  4 +++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_rx.c   | 27 ++++++++++++++-----
 include/linux/indirect_call_wrapper.h         | 12 +++++++++
 3 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1