Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] net: tls: add socket diag

From: Davide Caratti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 18:00:41 +0200

The current kernel does not provide any diagnostic tool, except
getsockopt(TCP_ULP), to know more about TCP sockets that have an upper
layer protocol (ULP) on top of them. This series extends the set of
information exported by INET_DIAG_INFO, to include data that are specific
to the ULP (and that might be meaningful for debug/testing purposes).

patch 1/3 ensures that the control plane reads/updates ULP specific data
using RCU.

patch 2/3 extends INET_DIAG_INFO and allows knowing the ULP name for
each TCP socket that has done setsockopt(TCP_ULP) successfully.

patch 3/3 extends kTLS to let programs like 'ss' know the protocol
version and the cipher in use.

Changes since RFC:
- some coding style fixes, thanks to Jakub Kicinski
- add X_UNSPEC as lowest value of uAPI enums, thanks to Jakub Kicinski
- fix assignment of struct nlattr *start, thanks to Jakub Kicinski
- let tls dump RXCONF and TXCONF, suggested by Jakub Kicinski
- don't dump anything if TLS version or cipher are 0 (but still return a
  constant size in get_aux_size()), thanks to Boris Pismenny
- constify first argument of get_info() and get_size()
- use RCU to access access ulp_ops, like it's done for ca_ops
- add patch 1/3, from Jakub Kicinski

Davide Caratti (2):
  tcp: ulp: add functions to dump ulp-specific information
  net: tls: export protocol version, cipher, tx_conf/rx_conf to socket
    diag

Jakub Kicinski (1):
  net/tls: use RCU protection on icsk->icsk_ulp_data

 include/net/inet_connection_sock.h |  2 +-
 include/net/tcp.h                  |  3 ++
 include/net/tls.h                  | 28 +++++++++-
 include/uapi/linux/inet_diag.h     |  9 ++++
 include/uapi/linux/tls.h           | 15 ++++++
 net/core/sock_map.c                |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp_diag.c                | 56 ++++++++++++++++++-
 net/tls/tls_device.c               |  2 +-
 net/tls/tls_main.c                 | 87 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 9 files changed, 191 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1