Subject: [PATCH iproute2-next 0/5] ipnetns: cleanup and harden processing of netns ids

From: Guillaume Nault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 18:00:08 +0100

It's currently hard to review ipnetns. The netns ids are inconsistently
treated as signed or unsigned and most helper functions aren't prepared
to use negative ids.

Netns id attributes can be negative: NETNSA_NSID_NOT_ASSIGNED == -1.
So let's consistently treat nsids as signed and also reject negative
values in functions that are supposed to only handle assigned netns
ids.

While there, let's drop the extra blank line generated by some command
line parsing errors (patch 5/5).

Guillaume Nault (5):
  ipnetns: treat NETNSA_NSID and NETNSA_CURRENT_NSID as signed
  ipnetns: fix misleading comment about 'ip monitor nsid'
  ipnetns: harden helper functions wrt. negative netns ids
  ipnetns: don't print unassigned nsid in json export
  ipnetns: remove blank lines printed by invarg() messages

 ip/ipnetns.c | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 1 file changed, 29 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0