Subject: [PATCH rfc bpf-next 0/8] Optimize BPF tail calls for direct jumps

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 02:03:54 +0100

This gets rid of indirect jumps for BPF tail calls whenever possible.
See patch 7/8 for more general details. This is on top of Alexei's
'[v4,bpf-next,00/20] Introduce BPF trampoline' series [0]. For non-RFC
I'll still massage commit messages a bit and expand the existing set
of tail call tests with a few more kselftest cases.

Thanks,
Daniel

  [0] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netdev/list/?series=142923

Daniel Borkmann (8):
  bpf, x86: generalize and extend bpf_arch_text_poke for direct jumps
  bpf: add bpf_prog_under_eviction helper
  bpf: move bpf_free_used_maps into sleepable section
  bpf: move owner type,jited info into array auxillary data
  bpf: add jit poke descriptor mock-up for jit images
  bpf: add poke dependency tracking for prog array maps
  bpf, x86: emit patchable direct jump as tail call
  bpf: constant map key tracking for prog array pokes

 arch/x86/net/bpf_jit_comp.c  | 234 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 include/linux/bpf.h          |  85 +++++++++++--
 include/linux/bpf_verifier.h |   1 +
 include/linux/filter.h       |  10 ++
 kernel/bpf/arraymap.c        | 152 ++++++++++++++++++++++-
 kernel/bpf/core.c            |  73 ++++++++++-
 kernel/bpf/map_in_map.c      |   5 +-
 kernel/bpf/syscall.c         |  41 ++----
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c        |  98 +++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 578 insertions(+), 121 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0