Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: introduce and use route hint

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 10:14:49 +0100

This series leverages the listification infrastructure to avoid
unnecessary route lookup on ingress packets. In absence of policy routing,
packets with equal daddr will usually land on the same dst.

When processing packet bursts (lists) we can easily reference the previous
dst entry. When we hit the 'same destination' condition we can avoid the
route lookup, coping the already available dst.

Detailed performance numbers are available in the individual commit messages.

Paolo Abeni (2):
  ipv6: introduce and uses route look hints for list input
  ipv4: use dst hint for ipv4 list receive

 include/net/route.h  | 11 +++++++++++
 net/ipv4/ip_input.c  | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 net/ipv4/route.c     | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 4 files changed, 99 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0