Subject: [PATCH bpf-next 0/3] bpftool: match programs and maps by names

From: Paul Chaignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 17:05:55 +0100

When working with frequently modified BPF programs, both the ID and the
tag may change.  bpftool currently doesn't provide a "stable" way to match
such programs.  This patchset allows bpftool to match programs and maps by
name.

When given a tag that matches several programs, bpftool currently only
considers the first match.  The first patch changes that behavior to
either process all matching programs (for the show and dump commands) or
error out.  The second patch implements program lookup by name, with the
same behavior as for tags in case of ambiguity.  The last patch implements
map lookup by name.

Paul Chaignon (3):
  bpftool: match several programs with same tag
  bpftool: match programs by name
  bpftool: match maps by name

 .../bpf/bpftool/Documentation/bpftool-map.rst |  12 +-
 .../bpftool/Documentation/bpftool-prog.rst    |  18 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/bash-completion/bpftool     | 145 ++++++-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/main.h                      |   4 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/map.c                       | 366 +++++++++++++---
 tools/bpf/bpftool/prog.c                      | 389 +++++++++++++-----
 6 files changed, 735 insertions(+), 199 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1