Subject: [PATCH bpf 0/1] runqslower: fix Makefile

From: Yulia Kartseva <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 18:09:05 -0800

From: Julia Kartseva <[email-masked]>

Fix undefined reference linker errors when building runqslower with
gcc 7.4.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.
The issue is with misplaced -lelf, -lz options in Makefile:
$(Q)$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -lelf -lz $^ -o $@

-lelf, -lz options should follow the list of target dependencies:
$(Q)$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $^ -lelf -lz -o $@
or after substitution
cc -g -Wall runqslower.o libbpf.a -lelf -lz -o runqslower

The current order of gcc params causes failure in libelf symbols resolution,
e.g. undefined reference to `elf_memory'

Julia Kartseva (1):
  runqslower: fix Makefile

 tools/bpf/runqslower/Makefile | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.17.1