Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/8] net: Add support for Synopsys DesignWare XPCS

From: Jose Abreu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 09:36:19 +0100

This adds support for Synopsys DesignWare XPCS in net subsystem and
integrates it into stmmac.

At 1/8, we start by removing the limitation of stmmac selftests that needed
a PHY to pass all the tests.

Then at 2/8 we use some helpers in stmmac so that some code can be
simplified.

At 3/8, we fallback to dev_fwnode() so that PCI based setups wich may
not have CONFIG_OF can still use FW node.

At 4/8, we adapt stmmac to the new PHYLINK changes as suggested by Russell
King.

We proceed by doing changes in PHYLINK in order to support XPCS: At 5/8 we
add some missing speeds that USXGMII supports and at 6/8 we check if
Autoneg is supported after initial parameters are validated.

Support for XPCS is finally introduced at 7/8, along with the usage of it
in stmmac driver at 8/8.

---
Cc: Giuseppe Cavallaro <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alexandre Torgue <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jose Abreu <[email-masked]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Maxime Coquelin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Cc: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Cc: Heiner Kallweit <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
---

Jose Abreu (8):
  net: stmmac: selftests: Do not fail if PHY is not attached
  net: stmmac: Switch to linkmode_and()/linkmode_andnot()
  net: stmmac: Fallback to dev_fwnode() if needed
  net: stmmac: Use resolved link config in mac_link_up()
  net: phylink: Add missing Backplane speeds
  net: phylink: Test if MAC/PCS support Autoneg
  net: phy: Add Synopsys DesignWare XPCS MDIO module
  net: stmmac: Integrate it with DesignWare XPCS

 MAINTAINERS                                        |   7 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Kconfig        |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h       |   3 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h         |  12 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |  96 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_mdio.c  |  27 +
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_selftests.c |   2 +-
 drivers/net/phy/Kconfig                            |   6 +
 drivers/net/phy/Makefile                           |   1 +
 drivers/net/phy/mdio-xpcs.c                        | 612 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c                          |   5 +
 include/linux/mdio-xpcs.h                          |  41 ++
 include/linux/stmmac.h                             |   1 +
 13 files changed, 771 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/phy/mdio-xpcs.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/mdio-xpcs.h

-- 
2.7.4