Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/15] ethtool netlink interface, part 3

From: Michal Kubecek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 22:40:03 +0100 (CET)

Implementation of more netlink request types:

  - netdev features (ethtool -k/-K, patches 3-6)
  - private flags (--show-priv-flags / --set-priv-flags, patches 7-9)
  - ring sizes (ethtool -g/-G, patches 10-12)
  - channel counts (ethtool -l/-L, patches 13-15)

Patch 1 is a style cleanup suggested in part 2 review and patch 2 updates
the mapping between netdev features and legacy ioctl requests (which are
still used by ethtool for backward compatibility).

Michal Kubecek (15):
  ethtool: rename ethnl_parse_header() to ethnl_parse_header_dev_get()
  ethtool: update mapping of features to legacy ioctl requests
  ethtool: provide netdev features with FEATURES_GET request
  ethtool: add ethnl_parse_bitset() helper
  ethtool: set netdev features with FEATURES_SET request
  ethtool: add FEATURES_NTF notification
  ethtool: provide private flags with PRIVFLAGS_GET request
  ethtool: set device private flags with PRIVFLAGS_SET request
  ethtool: add PRIVFLAGS_NTF notification
  ethtool: provide ring sizes with RINGS_GET request
  ethtool: set device ring sizes with RINGS_SET request
  ethtool: add RINGS_NTF notification
  ethtool: provide channel counts with CHANNELS_GET request
  ethtool: set device channel counts with CHANNELS_SET request
  ethtool: add CHANNELS_NTF notification

 Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst | 272 ++++++++++++++--
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink.h         |  82 +++++
 net/ethtool/Makefile                         |   3 +-
 net/ethtool/bitset.c                         |  94 ++++++
 net/ethtool/bitset.h                         |   4 +
 net/ethtool/channels.c                       | 216 +++++++++++++
 net/ethtool/common.c                         |  31 ++
 net/ethtool/common.h                         |   3 +
 net/ethtool/debug.c                          |   6 +-
 net/ethtool/features.c                       | 307 +++++++++++++++++++
 net/ethtool/ioctl.c                          |  52 +---
 net/ethtool/linkinfo.c                       |   6 +-
 net/ethtool/linkmodes.c                      |   6 +-
 net/ethtool/netlink.c                        |  99 +++++-
 net/ethtool/netlink.h                        |  15 +-
 net/ethtool/privflags.c                      | 209 +++++++++++++
 net/ethtool/rings.c                          | 189 ++++++++++++
 net/ethtool/wol.c                            |   5 +-
 18 files changed, 1519 insertions(+), 80 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/channels.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/features.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/privflags.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/rings.c

-- 
2.25.1