Subject: [PATCH 0/3] treewide: Convert unscriptable /* fallthrough */ comments to fallthrough;

From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:17:11 -0700

Several files in the kernel can not be perfectly scripted to convert
/* fallthrough */ style comments to fallthrough; because the direct
scripted conversion causes gcc to emit warnings because the fallthrough;
marking is outside of an #ifdef/#endif block.

e.g.:
	switch (foo) {
	#ifdef CONFIG_BAR
	case BAR:
	     ...
	#endif
	/* fallthrough */
	case BAZ:
	     ...
	}

is converted via script to

	switch (foo) {
	#ifdef CONFIG_BAR
	case BAR:
	     ...
	#endif
	fallthrough;
	case BAZ:
	     ...
	}

gcc emits a warning for the bare fallthrough; before case BAZ: when
CONFIG_BAR is not enabled.

So moving the fallthrough; conversions inside the #ifdef/#endif block
avoids this warning.

These are the only warnings emitted on a treewide scripted conversion as
found by the kernel-robot so applying these patches allows a treewide
conversion, either as multiple discrete patches or a single large patch
to eventually be done.

Joe Perches (3):
  drm: drm_vm: Use fallthrough;
  net: [IPv4/IPv6]: Use fallthrough;
  virt: vbox: Use fallthrough;

 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_vm.c                 | 4 ++--
 drivers/virt/vboxguest/vboxguest_core.c  | 2 +-
 drivers/virt/vboxguest/vboxguest_utils.c | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/af_inet.c                       | 4 ++--
 net/ipv4/ah4.c                           | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/arp.c                           | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/devinet.c                       | 6 +++---
 net/ipv4/fib_semantics.c                 | 4 ++--
 net/ipv4/icmp.c                          | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/ip_output.c                     | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/ipmr.c                          | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_log_ipv4.c         | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_nat_pptp.c         | 4 ++--
 net/ipv4/nexthop.c                       | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp.c                           | 2 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp_input.c                     | 6 +++---
 net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c                      | 4 ++--
 net/ipv4/udp.c                           | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/addrconf.c                      | 6 ++----
 net/ipv6/ah6.c                           | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/exthdrs.c                       | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/icmp.c                          | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/ip6_fib.c                       | 8 ++++----
 net/ipv6/ip6mr.c                         | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/ndisc.c                         | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_log_ipv6.c         | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/raw.c                           | 8 ++++----
 net/ipv6/route.c                         | 2 +-
 net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c                      | 2 +-
 29 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 47 deletions(-)

-- 
2.24.0