Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 00/12] ethtool netlink interface, part 4

From: Michal Kubecek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:07:17 +0100 (CET)

Implementation of more netlink request types:

  - coalescing (ethtool -c/-C, patches 2-4)
  - pause parameters (ethtool -a/-A, patches 5-7)
  - EEE settings (--show-eee / --set-eee, patches 8-10)
  - timestamping info (-T, patches 11-12)

Patch 1 is a fix for netdev reference leak similar to commit 2f599ec422ad
("ethtool: fix reference leak in some *_SET handlers") but fixing a code

Changes in v2:
  - fix compiler warning in net_hwtstamp_validate() (patch 11)
  - fix follow-up lines alignment (whitespace only, patches 3 and 8)
which is only in net-next tree at the moment.

Michal Kubecek (12):
  ethtool: fix reference leak in ethnl_set_privflags()
  ethtool: provide coalescing parameters with COALESCE_GET request
  ethtool: set coalescing parameters with COALESCE_SET request
  ethtool: add COALESCE_NTF notification
  ethtool: provide pause parameters with PAUSE_GET request
  ethtool: set pause parameters with PAUSE_SET request
  ethtool: add PAUSE_NTF notification
  ethtool: provide EEE settings with EEE_GET request
  ethtool: set EEE settings with EEE_SET request
  ethtool: add EEE_NTF notification
  ethtool: add timestamping related string sets
  ethtool: provide timestamping information with TIMESTAMP_GET request

 Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst | 225 +++++++++++-
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h                 |   6 +
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink.h         |  93 +++++
 include/uapi/linux/net_tstamp.h              |   6 +
 net/core/dev_ioctl.c                         |   6 +
 net/ethtool/Makefile                         |   2 +-
 net/ethtool/coalesce.c                       | 353 +++++++++++++++++++
 net/ethtool/common.c                         |  70 ++++
 net/ethtool/common.h                         |   6 +
 net/ethtool/eee.c                            | 206 +++++++++++
 net/ethtool/ioctl.c                          |  41 +--
 net/ethtool/netlink.c                        |  53 +++
 net/ethtool/netlink.h                        |   7 +
 net/ethtool/pause.c                          | 145 ++++++++
 net/ethtool/privflags.c                      |   4 +-
 net/ethtool/strset.c                         |  15 +
 net/ethtool/timestamp.c                      | 143 ++++++++
 17 files changed, 1350 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/coalesce.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/eee.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/pause.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/timestamp.c

-- 
2.25.1