Subject: [RFC PATCH v4 0/2] net: dsa: qca8k: Improve SGMII interface handling

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 12:31:28 +0100

Hopefully getting there, thanks for all the review comments.

This 2 patch series migrates the qca8k switch driver over to PHYLINK,
and then adds the SGMII clean-ups (i.e. the missing initialisation) on
top of that as a second patch.

As before, tested with a device where the CPU connection is RGMII (i.e.
the common current use case) + one where the CPU connection is SGMII. I
don't have any devices where the SGMII interface is brought out to
something other than the CPU.

v4:
- Enable pcs_poll so we keep phylink updated when doing in-band
  negotiation
- Explicitly check for PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_1000BASEX when setting SGMII
  port mode.
- Address Vladimir's review comments
v3:
- Move phylink changes to separate patch
- Address rmk review comments
v2:
- Switch to phylink
- Avoid need for device tree configuration options

Jonathan McDowell (2):
  net: dsa: qca8k: Switch to PHYLINK instead of PHYLIB
  net: dsa: qca8k: Improve SGMII interface handling

 drivers/net/dsa/qca8k.c | 341 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 drivers/net/dsa/qca8k.h |  13 ++
 2 files changed, 256 insertions(+), 98 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1