Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Fix new html build warnings from next-20201001

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 07:49:44 +0200

There are some new warnings when building the documentation from
yesterday's linux next. This small series fix them.

- patch 1 documents two new kernel-doc parameters on a net core file.
  I used the commit log in order to help documenting them;
- patch 2 fixes some tags at UMLv2 howto;
- patches 3 and 5 add some new documents at the corresponding
  index file.
- patch 4 changes kernel-doc script for it to recognize typedef enums.

Patch 4 should probably be merged via docs tree, but the others
are against stuff recently added at linux-next. So, the better is to
merge them directly at the trees which introduced the issue.

-

As a reference, the patches fixing all html build warnings are at:

	https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=sphinx3-fixes-v3

Such series also adds support for Sphinx versions 3.1 and above.

It should be noticed that, with Sphinx version 3 and above, there
are a few new warnings, because currently Sphinx assumes a
that names are unique for all C symbols. There are a few cases
where we have the same name for a function and for a struct at
the Kernel. Upstream is already working on a solution for that.

So, for now, I recomend doing html builds with version < 3.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (6):
  net: core: document two new elements of struct net_device
  docs: vcpu.rst: fix some build warnings
  docs: virt: user_mode_linux_howto_v2.rst: fix a literal block markup
  docs: i2c: index.rst: add slave-testunit-backend.rst
  scripts: kernel-doc: add support for typedef enum
  docs: gpio: add a new document to its index.rst

 Documentation/admin-guide/gpio/index.rst      |  1 +
 .../admin-guide/hw-vuln/l1d_flush.rst         |  3 +--
 Documentation/i2c/index.rst                   |  1 +
 Documentation/virt/kvm/devices/vcpu.rst       | 26 +++++++++----------
 .../virt/uml/user_mode_linux_howto_v2.rst     |  1 +
 include/linux/netdevice.h                     |  5 ++++
 scripts/kernel-doc                            | 15 ++++++++---
 7 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2