Subject: [PATCH v2 net-next 0/4] xdp: introduce bulking for page_pool tx return path

From: Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 20:28:43 +0100

XDP bulk APIs introduce a defer/flush mechanism to return
pages belonging to the same xdp_mem_allocator object
(identified via the mem.id field) in bulk to optimize
I-cache and D-cache since xdp_return_frame is usually run
inside the driver NAPI tx completion loop.
Convert mvneta, mvpp2 and mlx5 drivers to xdp_return_frame_bulk APIs.

Changes since v1:
- improve comments
- rework xdp_return_frame_bulk routine logic
- move count and xa fields at the beginning of xdp_frame_bulk struct
- invert logic in page_pool_put_page_bulk for loop

Lorenzo Bianconi (4):
  net: xdp: introduce bulking for xdp tx return path
  net: page_pool: add bulk support for ptr_ring
  net: mvpp2: add xdp tx return bulking support
  net: mlx5: add xdp tx return bulking support

 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvneta.c         |  5 +-
 .../net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2/mvpp2_main.c   |  5 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xdp.c  |  5 +-
 include/net/page_pool.h                       | 26 +++++++++
 include/net/xdp.h                             |  9 +++
 net/core/page_pool.c                          | 35 ++++++++++++
 net/core/xdp.c                                | 56 +++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 138 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2