Subject: [PATCH v2 net-next 0/3] Add support for sending RFC8335 PROBE

From: Andreas Roeseler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 19:23:56 -0800

The popular utility ping has several severe limitations such as the
inability to query specific  interfaces on a node and requiring
bidirectional connectivity between the probing and the probed
interfaces. RFC8335 attempts to solve these limitations by creating the
new utility PROBE which is a specialized ICMP message that makes use of
the ICMP Extension Structure outlined in RFC4884.

This patchset adds definitions for the ICMP Extended Echo Request and
Reply (PROBE) types for both IPv4 and IPv6. It also expands the list of
supported ICMP messages to accommodate PROBEs.

Changes since v1:
 - Switch to correct base tree

Andreas Roeseler (3):
  net: add support for sending probe messages
  icmp: define probe message types
  ICMPv6: define probe message types

 include/linux/icmp.h   | 3 +++
 include/linux/icmpv6.h | 6 ++++++
 net/ipv4/ping.c        | 2 +-
 3 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.29.2