Subject: [PATCH net 0/4] Remove unneeded PHY time stamping option.

From: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:05:59 -0800

The NETWORK_PHY_TIMESTAMPING configuration option adds additional
checks into the networking hot path, and it is only needed by two
rather esoteric devices, namely the TI DP83640 PHYTER and the ZHAW
InES 1588 IP core.  Very few end users have these devices, and those
that do have them are building specialized embedded systems.

Unfortunately two unrelated drivers depend on this option, and two
defconfigs enable it.  It is probably my fault for not paying enough
attention in reviews.

This series corrects the gratuitous use of NETWORK_PHY_TIMESTAMPING.

Richard Cochran (4):
  net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Remove bogus Kconfig dependency.
  net: mvpp2: Remove unneeded Kconfig dependency.
  ARM: socfpga_defconfig: Disable PHY time stamping by default.
  ARM: axm55xx_defconfig: Disable PHY time stamping by default.

 arch/arm/configs/axm55xx_defconfig   | 1 -
 arch/arm/configs/socfpga_defconfig   | 6 +-----
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/Kconfig    | 1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/Kconfig | 1 -
 4 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1