Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] net: add support for ip generic checksum offload for gre

From: Xin Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 16:45:35 +0800

NETIF_F_IP(V6)_CSUM is only for TCP and UDP checksum offload, and
NETIF_F_HW_CSUM is not only for TCP and UDP's, but also for all
other kinds of 1's complement checksums offload, like GRE's. This
patchset is to support it for GRE.

To support GRE checksum offload, this patchset is to extend the
csum_not_inet/csum_type of sk_buff in Patch 1/3, and define new
type of CSUM_T_IP_GENERIC to get ip generic checksum processed
in skb_csum_hwoffload_help() in Patch 2/3, then implement it on
TX path and GSO path in Patch 3/3.

Xin Long (3):
  net: rename csum_not_inet to csum_type
  net: add CSUM_T_IP_GENERIC csum_type
  ip_gre: add csum offload support for gre header

 include/linux/skbuff.h | 22 +++++++++++++---------
 include/net/gre.h      | 20 ++++++++------------
 net/core/dev.c         | 19 ++++++++++++++-----
 net/ipv4/gre_offload.c | 16 ++++++++++++++--
 net/sched/act_csum.c   |  2 +-
 net/sctp/offload.c     |  2 +-
 net/sctp/output.c      |  3 ++-
 7 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)

-- 
2.1.0