Subject: [PATCH V2 net-next 0/5] add support for RFC 8335 PROBE

From: Andreas Roeseler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 15:24:10 -0800

The popular utility ping has several severe limitations such as the
inability to query specific interfaces on a node and requiring
bidirectional connectivity between the probing and probed interfaces.
RFC 8335 attempts to solve these limitations by creating the new utility
PROBE which is a specialized ICMP message that makes use of the ICMP
Extention Structure outlined in RFC 4884.

This patchset adds definitions for the ICMP Extended Echo Request and
Reply (PROBE) types for both IPV4 and IPV6, adds a sysctl to enable 
response to PROBE messages, expands the list of supported ICMP messages
to accommodate PROBE types, and adds functionality to respond to PROBE
requests.

Changes since v1:
 - Add AFI definitions
 - Switch to functions such as dev_get_by_name and ip_dev_find to lookup
   net devices 

Andreas Roeseler (5):
  icmp: add support for RFC 8335 PROBE
  ICMPV6: add support for RFC 8335 PROBE
  net: add sysctl for enabling RFC 8335 PROBE messages
  net: add support for sending RFC 8335 PROBE messages
  icmp: add response to RFC 8335 PROBE messages

 include/net/netns/ipv4.h    |  1 +
 include/uapi/linux/icmp.h   | 24 +++++++++
 include/uapi/linux/icmpv6.h |  6 +++
 net/ipv4/icmp.c             | 98 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 net/ipv4/ping.c             |  4 +-
 net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c  |  7 +++
 6 files changed, 129 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.1