Subject: [PATCH net v2 0/3] dpaa_eth: A050385 erratum workaround fixes under XDP

From: Camelia Groza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 18:49:25 +0200

This series addresses issue with the current workaround for the A050385
erratum in XDP scenarios.

The first patch makes sure the xdp_frame structure stored at the start of
new buffers isn't overwritten.

The second patch decreases the required data alignment value, thus
preventing unnecessary realignments.

The third patch moves the data in place to align it, instead of allocating
a new buffer for each frame that breaks the alignment rules, thus bringing
an up to 40% performance increase. With this change, the impact of the
erratum workaround is reduced in many cases to a single digit decrease, and
to lower double digits in single flow scenarios.

Changes in v2:
- guarantee enough tailroom is available for the shared_info in 1/3

Camelia Groza (3):
  dpaa_eth: reserve space for the xdp_frame under the A050385 erratum
  dpaa_eth: reduce data alignment requirements for the A050385 erratum
  dpaa_eth: try to move the data in place for the A050385 erratum

 .../net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/dpaa_eth.c    | 42 +++++++++++++++++--
 1 file changed, 38 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

--
2.17.1