Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/6] selftests: mlxsw: Fixes

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:19:42 +0200

This patch set carries fixes to selftest issues that we have hit in our
nightly regression run. Almost all are in mlxsw selftests, though one is in
a generic forwarding selftest.

- In patch #1, in an ERSPAN test, install an FDB entry as static instead of
  (implicitly) as local.

- In the mlxsw resource-scale test, an if statement overrides the value of
  $?, which is supposed to contain the result of the test. As a result, the
  resource scale test can spuriously pass.

  In patches #2 and #3, remove the if statements to fix the issue in,
  respectively, port_scale test and tc_flower_scale tests.

- Again in the mlxsw resource-scale test, when more then one sub-test is
  run, a successful sub-test overrides any previous failures. This causes a
  spurious pass of the overall test. This is fixed in patch #4.

- In patch #5, increase a tolerance in a mlxsw-specific RED backlog test.
  This test is very noisy, due to rounding errors and the unpredictability
  of software traffic generation. By bumping the tolerance from 5 % to 10,
  get the failure rate to zero. This shouldn't impact the accuracy,
  mistakes in backlog configuration (e.g. due to wrong cell size) are
  likely to cause a much larger discrepancy.

- In patch #6, fix mausezahn invocation in the mlxsw ERSPAN scale
  test. The test failed because of the wrong invocation.

Danielle Ratson (3):
  selftests: mlxsw: Remove a redundant if statement in port_scale test
  selftests: mlxsw: Remove a redundant if statement in tc_flower_scale
    test
  selftests: mlxsw: Return correct error code in resource scale tests

Petr Machata (3):
  selftests: net: mirror_gre_vlan_bridge_1q: Make an FDB entry static
  selftests: mlxsw: Increase the tolerance of backlog buildup
  selftests: mlxsw: Fix mausezahn invocation in ERSPAN scale test

 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/mirror_gre_scale.sh     |  3 ++-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/port_scale.sh |  6 +-----
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/sch_red_core.sh         |  4 ++--
 .../net/mlxsw/spectrum-2/resource_scale.sh    |  4 +++-
 .../net/mlxsw/spectrum/resource_scale.sh      |  4 +++-
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/tc_flower_scale.sh      |  6 +-----
 .../forwarding/mirror_gre_vlan_bridge_1q.sh   |  2 +-
 .../selftests/net/forwarding/mirror_lib.sh    | 19 +++++++++++++++++--
 8 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2