Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/3] veth: more flexible channels number configuration

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 11:39:47 +0200

XDP setups can benefit from multiple veth RX/TX queues. Currently
veth allow setting such number only at creation time via the 
'numrxqueues' and 'numtxqueues' parameters.

This series introduces support for the ethtool set_channel operation
and allows configuring the queue number via a new module parameter.

The veth default configuration is not changed.

Finally self-tests are updated to check the new features, with both
valid and invalid arguments.

Paolo Abeni (3):
  veth: implement support for set_channel ethtool op
  veth: make queues nr configurable via kernel module params
  selftests: net: veth: add tests for set_channel

 drivers/net/veth.c                  | 83 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 tools/testing/selftests/net/veth.sh | 65 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 144 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.3