Subject: [PATCH 0/3] can: fix same memory leaks in can drivers

From: Pavel Skripkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 18:29:38 +0300

Hi, Marc and can drivers maintainers/reviewers!

A long time ago syzbot reported memory leak in mcba_usb can driver[1]. It was
using strange pattern for allocating coherent buffers, which was leading to
memory leaks. Yesterday I got a report, that mcba_usb stopped working since my commit.
I came up with quick fix and all started working well.

There are at least 3 more drivers with this pattern, I decided to fix leaks
in them too, since code is actually the same (I guess, driver authors just copy pasted
code parts). Each of following patches is combination of 91c02557174b
("can: mcba_usb: fix memory leak in mcba_usb") and my yesterday fix [2].

Dear maintainers/reviewers, if You have one of these hardware pieces, please, test
these patches and report any errors you will find.

[1] https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=c94c1c23e829d5ac97995d51219f0c5a0cd1fa54
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

With regards,
Pavel Skripkin

Pavel Skripkin (3):
  can: usb_8dev: fix memory leak
  can: ems_usb: fix memory leak
  can: esd_usb2: fix memory leak

 drivers/net/can/usb/ems_usb.c  | 14 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/can/usb/esd_usb2.c | 16 +++++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/can/usb/usb_8dev.c | 15 +++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.32.0