Subject: [PATCH v3 00/30]Change wildcards on ABI files

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:59:27 +0200

The ABI files are meant to be parsed via a script (scripts/get_abi.pl).

A new improvement on it will allow it to help to detect if an ABI description
is missing, or if the What: field won't match the actual location of the symbol.

In order for get_abi.pl to convert What: into regex, changes are needed on
existing ABI files, as the conversion should not be ambiguous.

One alternative would be to convert everything into regexes, but this
would generate a huge amount of patches/changes. So, instead, let's
touch only the ABI files that aren't following the de-facto wildcard 
standards already found on most of the ABI files, e. g.:

	/.../
	*
	<foo>
	(option1|option2)
	X
	Y
	Z
	[0-9] (and variants)

---

v3:
   - Added a new patch for sysfs-class-rapidio;
   - sysfs-class-typec had a typo, instead of a wildcard;
   - sysfs-bus-soundwire-* had some additional What to be fixed;
   - added some reviewed-by/acked-by tags.

v2:
   - Added several patches to address uppercase "N" meaning
     as a wildcard.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (30):
  ABI: sysfs-bus-usb: better document variable argument
  ABI: sysfs-tty: better document module name parameter
  ABI: sysfs-kernel-slab: use a wildcard for the cache name
  ABI: security: fix location for evm and ima_policy
  ABI: sysfs-class-tpm: use wildcards for pcr-* nodes
  ABI: sysfs-bus-rapidio: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-cxl: place "not in a guest" at description
  ABI: sysfs-class-devfreq-event: use the right wildcards on What
  ABI: sysfs-class-mic: use the right wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: pstore: Fix What field
  ABI:  fix a typo on a What field
  ABI: sysfs-ata: use a proper wildcard for ata_*
  ABI: sysfs-class-infiniband: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-bus-pci: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: -master: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-bus-soundwire-slave: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-gnss: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-mei: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-mux: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-pwm: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-rc: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-rc-nuvoton: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-uwb_rc: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-uwb_rc-wusbhc: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-devices-platform-dock: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-firmware-efi-esrt: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-platform-sst-atom: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-ptp: use wildcards on What definitions
  ABI: sysfs-class-rapidio: use wildcards on What definitions

 .../ABI/stable/sysfs-class-infiniband         | 64 ++++++-------
 Documentation/ABI/stable/sysfs-class-tpm      |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/evm                 |  4 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/ima_policy          |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/pstore              |  3 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-ata           |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-pci       |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-rapidio   | 32 +++----
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-soundwire-master    | 20 ++--
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-soundwire-slave     | 60 ++++++------
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-usb       | 16 ++--
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-cxl     | 15 ++-
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-class-devfreq-event     | 12 +--
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-gnss    |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-mei     | 18 ++--
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-mic     | 24 ++---
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-mux     |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-pwm     | 20 ++--
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-rapidio |  4 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-rc      | 14 +--
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-class-rc-nuvoton        |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-typec   |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-uwb_rc  | 26 ++---
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-class-uwb_rc-wusbhc     | 10 +-
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-platform-dock   | 10 +-
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-system-cpu      | 16 ++--
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-firmware-efi-esrt       | 16 ++--
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-kernel-slab   | 94 +++++++++----------
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-platform-sst-atom       |  2 +-
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-ptp           | 30 +++---
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-tty           | 32 +++----
 31 files changed, 282 insertions(+), 276 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1