Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] net: remove sk skb caches

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 19:26:39 +0200

Eric noted we would be better off reverting the sk
skb caches.

MPTCP relies on such a feature, so we need a
little refactor of the MPTCP tx path before the mentioned
revert.

The first patch exposes additional TCP helpers. The 2nd patch
changes the MPTCP code to do locally the whole skb allocation
and updating, so it does not rely anymore on core TCP helpers
for that nor the sk skb cache.

As a side effect, we can make the tcp_build_frag helper static.

Finally, we can pull Eric's revert.

RFC -> v1:
 - drop driver specific patch - no more needed after helper rename
 - rename skb_entail -> tcp_skb_entail (Eric)
 - preserve the tcp_build_frag helpwe, just make it static (Eric)

---
Note:

that this series touches some LoC also modifed by this -net patch:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/[email-masked]/

so the whole series is based on top of the above and will apply
with no conflict after such patch will land into net-next

Eric Dumazet (1):
  tcp: remove sk_{tr}x_skb_cache

Paolo Abeni (3):
  tcp: expose the tcp_mark_push() and tcp_skb_entail() helpers
  mptcp: stop relying on tcp_tx_skb_cache
  tcp: make tcp_build_frag() static

 Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.rst |   8 --
 include/net/sock.h                     |  19 ----
 include/net/tcp.h                      |   4 +-
 net/ipv4/af_inet.c                     |   4 -
 net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c             |  12 ---
 net/ipv4/tcp.c                         |  38 ++-----
 net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c                    |   6 --
 net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c                    |   6 --
 net/mptcp/protocol.c                   | 137 ++++++++++++++-----------
 9 files changed, 85 insertions(+), 149 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.3