Subject: [PATCH iproute2 v2 0/3] configure: add support for libdir and

From: Andrea Claudi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 21:50:29 +0200

This series add support for the libdir parameter in iproute2 configure
system. The idea is to make use of the fact that packaging systems may
assume that 'configure' comes from autotools allowing a syntax similar
to the autotools one, and using it to tell iproute2 where the distro
expects to find its lib files.

Patch 1 introduces support for the --param=value style on current
params, for uniformity.

Patch 2 add the --prefix option, that may be used by some packaging
systems when calling the configure script.

Patch 3 add the --libdir option to the configure script, and also drops
the static LIBDIR var from the Makefile.

Changelog:
----------
v1 -> v2
  - consolidate '--param value' and '--param=value' use cases, as
    suggested by David Ahern.
  - Added patch 2 to manage the --prefix option, used by the Debian
    packaging system, as reported by Luca Boccassi, and use it when
    setting lib directory.

Andrea Claudi (3):
  configure: support --param=value style
  configure: add the --prefix option
  configure: add the --libdir option

 Makefile  |  7 +++---
 configure | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 2 files changed, 66 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1