Subject: [PATCH net-next v3 0/5] devlink reload simplification

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 09:55:14 +0300

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

Changelog:
v3:
 * Rewrote third patch to keep static const nature of ops. This is done
   by extracting reload ops to separate ops structure.
 * Changed commit message in last patch as was suggested by Ido. 
v2: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]
 * Dropped const removal patch
 * Added new patch to hide struct devlink
 * Added new patch to annotate devlink API
 * Implemented copy of all callback in devlink ops
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]
 * Missed removal of extra WARN_ON
 * Added "ops parameter to macro as Dan suggested.
v0: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

This series fixes the bug with mlx5 device, which in some configurations
doesn't support devlink reload and shouldn't have any reload statistics
like any other net device. Unfortunately, it is not the case in the
current implementation of devlink reload.

This fix is done by simplification of internal API.

Thanks

Leon Romanovsky (5):
  devlink: Reduce struct devlink exposure
  devlink: Annotate devlink API calls
  devlink: Allow set reload ops callbacks separately
  net/mlx5: Separate reload devlink ops for multiport device
  devlink: Delete reload enable/disable interface

 .../hisilicon/hns3/hns3pf/hclge_devlink.c     |   7 +-
 .../hisilicon/hns3/hns3vf/hclgevf_devlink.c   |   7 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/main.c     |  10 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/devlink.c |  13 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c    |   3 -
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/sf/dev/driver.c        |   5 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxfw/mlxfw.h   |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/core.c    |  19 +-
 drivers/net/netdevsim/dev.c                   |  13 +-
 include/net/devlink.h                         |  79 ++------
 include/trace/events/devlink.h                |  72 ++++----
 net/core/devlink.c                            | 170 ++++++++++++------
 12 files changed, 216 insertions(+), 184 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1