Subject: [PATCH ebpf v2 0/2] Unprivileged BPF default

From: Pawan Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 18:32:00 -0700

Hi,

This is a two patch series to make the compile time default of
unprivileged BPF depend on CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE. First patch makes ARM's
CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE available for all architectures. The second patch
sets CONFIG_BPF_UNPRIV_DEFAULT_OFF=y by default when
CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE=y.

v2:
- Generalize ARM's CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE to be available for all architectures.
- Make CONFIG_BPF_UNPRIV_DEFAULT_OFF depend on CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE.
- Updated commit message to reflect the dependency on CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE.
- Add reference to BPF spectre presentation in commit message.

v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/d37b01e70[email-masked]/

Pawan Gupta (2):
  arch/Kconfig: Make CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE available for all architectures
  bpf: Make unprivileged bpf depend on CONFIG_CPU_SPECTRE

 arch/Kconfig        | 3 +++
 arch/arm/mm/Kconfig | 3 ---
 arch/x86/Kconfig    | 1 +
 kernel/bpf/Kconfig  | 5 +++++
 4 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1