Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] MCTP sockaddr padding check/initialisation fixup

From: Eugene Syromiatnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 20:09:36 +0100

Hello.

This pair of patches introduces checks for padding fields of struct
sockaddr_mctp/sockaddr_mctp_ext to ease their re-use for possible
extensions in the future;  as well as zeroing of these fields
in the respective sockaddr filling routines.  While the first commit
is definitely an ABI breakage, it is proposed in hopes that the change
is made soon enough (the interface appeared only in Linux 5.15)
to avoid affecting any existing user space.

Eugene Syromiatnikov (2):
  mctp: handle the struct sockaddr_mctp padding fields
  mctp: handle the struct sockaddr_mctp_ext padding field

 net/mctp/af_mctp.c | 24 +++++++++++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 23 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--
v2:
 - Fixed the style of logical continuations, as noted by Jakub Kicinski.
 - Changed "Complements:" to "Fixes:" in commit messages, as it seems
   that it is the only commit message tag checkpatch.pl recognises.

v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
-- 
2.1.4