Subject: [PATCH iproute2-next 0/2] ss: remove implicit dependency on rpcinfo

From: Andrea Claudi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 19:52:12 +0100

ss uses rpcinfo to get info about rpc service sockets. However, rpcinfo
is not part of iproute2 and it's an implicit dependency for ss.

This series uses libtirpc[1] API to implement the same feature of
rpcinfo for ss. This makes it possible to get info about rpc sockets,
provided ss is compiled with libtirpc support.

As a nice byproduct, this makes ss provide info about some ipv6 rpc
sockets that are not displayed using 'rpcinfo -p'.

- patch 1 adds a configure function to check for libtirpc;
- patch 2 actually rework ss to use libtirpc.

[1] https://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=steved/libtirpc.git

Andrea Claudi (2):
  configure: add check_libtirpc()
  ss: remove an implicit dependency on rpcinfo

 configure | 16 ++++++++++
 misc/ss.c | 93 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 2 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.35.1