Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] ipv4: Convert several tos fields to dscp_t

From: Guillaume Nault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 22:08:34 +0200

Continue the work started with commit a410a0cf9885 ("ipv6: Define
dscp_t and stop taking ECN bits into account in fib6-rules") and
convert more structure fields and variables to dscp_t. This series
focuses on struct fib_rt_info, struct fib_entry_notifier_info and their
users (networking drivers).

The purpose of dscp_t is to ensure that ECN bits don't influence IP
route lookups. It does so by ensuring that dscp_t variables have the
ECN bits cleared.

Notes:
  * This series is entirely about type annotation and isn't supposed
to have any user visible effect.

  * The first two patches have to introduce a few dsfield <-> dscp
conversions in the affected drivers, but those are then removed when
converting the internal driver structures (patches 3-5). In the end,
drivers don't have to handle any conversion.

Guillaume Nault (5):
  ipv4: Use dscp_t in struct fib_rt_info
  ipv4: Use dscp_t in struct fib_entry_notifier_info
  netdevsim: Use dscp_t in struct nsim_fib4_rt
  mlxsw: Use dscp_t in struct mlxsw_sp_fib4_entry
  net: marvell: prestera: Use dscp_t in struct prestera_kern_fib_cache

 .../ethernet/marvell/prestera/prestera_router.c   | 11 ++++++-----
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum_router.c | 15 ++++++++-------
 drivers/net/netdevsim/fib.c                       |  9 +++++----
 include/net/ip_fib.h                              |  4 ++--
 net/ipv4/fib_semantics.c                          |  4 ++--
 net/ipv4/fib_trie.c                               | 10 +++++-----
 net/ipv4/route.c                                  |  4 ++--
 7 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.3