Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] UDP sock_wfree optimisations

From: Pavel Begunkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:58:16 +0100

The series is not UDP specific but that the main beneficiary. 2/3 saves one
atomic in sock_wfree() and on top 3/3 removes an extra barrier.
Tested with UDP over dummy netdev, 2038491 -> 2099071 req/s (or around +3%).

note: in regards to 1/3, there is a "Should agree with poll..." comment
that I don't completely get, and there is no git history to explain it.
Though I can't see how it could rely on having the second check without
racing with tasks woken by wake_up*().

The series was split from a larger patchset, see
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

Pavel Begunkov (3):
  sock: dedup sock_def_write_space wmem_alloc checks
  sock: optimise UDP sock_wfree() refcounting
  sock: optimise sock_def_write_space barriers

 net/core/sock.c | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 1 file changed, 40 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.36.0