Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/7] Polling be gone on LAN95xx

From: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:48:00 +0200

Do away with link status polling on LAN95XX USB Ethernet
and rely on interrupts instead, thereby reducing bus traffic,
CPU overhead and improving interface bringup latency.

The meat of the series is in patch [5/7].  The preceding and
following patches are various cleanups to prepare for and
adjust to interrupt-driven link state detection.

Please review and test.  Thanks!

Lukas Wunner (7):
  usbnet: Run unregister_netdev() before unbind() again
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Don't clear read-only PHY interrupt
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Don't reset PHY behind PHY driver's back
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Avoid link settings race on interrupt reception
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Forward PHY interrupts to PHY driver to avoid
    polling
  net: phy: smsc: Cache interrupt mask
  net: phy: smsc: Cope with hot-removal in interrupt handler

 drivers/net/phy/smsc.c         |  28 +++---
 drivers/net/usb/asix_devices.c |   6 +-
 drivers/net/usb/smsc95xx.c     | 155 ++++++++++++++++-----------------
 drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c       |   6 +-
 4 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 104 deletions(-)

-- 
2.35.2