Subject: [PATCH net-next v3 0/7] Polling be gone on LAN95xx

From: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 10:42:00 +0200

Do away with link status polling on LAN95xx USB Ethernet
and rely on interrupts instead, thereby reducing bus traffic,
CPU overhead and improving interface bringup latency.

Link to v2:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

Only change since v2:

* Patch [5/7]:
  * Drop call to __irq_enter_raw() which worked around a warning in
    generic_handle_domain_irq().  That warning is gone since
    792ea6a074ae (queued on tip.git/irq/urgent).
    (Marc Zyngier, Thomas Gleixner)

Lukas Wunner (7):
  usbnet: Run unregister_netdev() before unbind() again
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Don't clear read-only PHY interrupt
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Don't reset PHY behind PHY driver's back
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Avoid link settings race on interrupt reception
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Forward PHY interrupts to PHY driver to avoid
    polling
  net: phy: smsc: Cache interrupt mask
  net: phy: smsc: Cope with hot-removal in interrupt handler

 drivers/net/phy/smsc.c         |  28 +++---
 drivers/net/usb/asix_devices.c |   6 +-
 drivers/net/usb/smsc95xx.c     | 152 +++++++++++++++------------------
 drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c       |   6 +-
 4 files changed, 88 insertions(+), 104 deletions(-)

-- 
2.35.2