Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/1] linkwatch use-after-free fix

From: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:07:46 +0200

Discussion on v1 of this patch fizzled out in April without it being applied:

https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/#r

This is a vulnerability, we can't just ignore it.  Paolo Abeni asked
me to explore whether the issue can be fixed in USB Ethernet drivers
instead of core networking code.  I've done that and presented a patch,
but consider it an inferior approach.

I'm explaining why in the updated commit message of this patch and
I'm rebasing it on net-next.  Otherwise it's the same as v1,  I still
believe that this is the best solution to the problem.

Thanks!

Lukas Wunner (1):
  net: linkwatch: ignore events for unregistered netdevs

 net/core/dev.c        | 17 -----------------
 net/core/dev.h        |  1 -
 net/core/link_watch.c | 10 ++--------
 3 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.35.2