Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/3] Deadlock no more in LAN95xx

From: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 22:47:50 +0200

Second attempt at fixing a runtime resume deadlock in the LAN95xx USB driver:

In short, the driver isn't using the "nopm" register accessors in portions
of its runtime resume path, causing a deadlock.  I'm fixing that by
auto-detecting whether nopm accessors shall be used, instead of
having to explicitly call them wherever it's necessary.
As a byproduct, code size shrinks significantly (see diffstat below).

Back in April I submitted a first attempt which was rejected by Alan Stern:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

That approach only detected whether a PM callback is running concurrently,
not whether the access is performed by the PM callback.  I've come up with
a different approach which should resolve the objection (see patch [1/3]).

Thanks!

Lukas Wunner (3):
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Fix deadlock on runtime resume
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Clean up nopm handling
  usbnet: smsc95xx: Clean up unnecessary BUG_ON() upon register access

 drivers/net/usb/smsc95xx.c | 202 ++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 86 insertions(+), 116 deletions(-)

-- 
2.36.1