Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] mlxsw: Adjust QOS tests for Spectrum-4 testing

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 13:21:47 +0200

Amit writes:

Quality Of Service tests create congestion and verify the switch behavior.
To create congestion, they need to have more traffic than the port can
handle, so some of them force 1Gbps speed.

The tests assume that 1Gbps speed is supported. Spectrum-4 ASIC will not
support this speed in all ports, so to be able to run QOS tests there,
some adjustments are required.

Patch set overview:
Patch #1 adjusts qos_ets_strict, qos_mc_aware and sch_ets tests.
Patch #2 adjusts RED tests.
Patch #3 extends devlink_lib to support querying maximum pool size.
Patch #4 adds a test which can be used instead of qos_burst and do not
assume that 1Gbps speed is supported.
Patch #5 removes qos_burst test.

Amit Cohen (5):
  selftests: mlxsw: Use shapers in QOS tests instead of forcing speed
  selftests: mlxsw: Use shapers in QOS RED tests instead of forcing
    speed
  selftests: devlink_lib: Add function for querying maximum pool size
  selftests: mlxsw: Add QOS test for maximum use of descriptors
  selftests: mlxsw: Remove qos_burst test

 .../selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/mlxsw_lib.sh  |  14 +
 .../selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/qos_burst.sh  | 480 ------------------
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/qos_ets_strict.sh       |   5 +-
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/qos_max_descriptors.sh  | 282 ++++++++++
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/qos_mc_aware.sh         |   9 +-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/sch_ets.sh    |  15 +-
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/sch_red_core.sh         |  23 +-
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/sch_red_ets.sh          |   4 +-
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/sch_red_root.sh         |   4 +-
 .../selftests/net/forwarding/devlink_lib.sh   |   5 +
 10 files changed, 332 insertions(+), 509 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/qos_burst.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/qos_max_descriptors.sh

-- 
2.35.3